Monday, December 22, 2008

Lots of penguins!!


Somethings got me all ga ga about penguins these days. I made a couple of christmas cakes and decorated them with adorable penguins.
Then I started to make some oreo truffles, to use the last of my oreos and chocolate wafers, and I realised if put one on top of another they would make great penguins!!

The oreo truffles are incredibly easy, just take a packet or the equivalent of oreos or chocolate wafers (about a pound) and throw in the food processor with a packet of room temp cream cheese and whiz until you get a smooth dough. Shape into balls. Thanks to the kitchn and kraft for that handy idea!!

I then put one on top of the other, used a delicious white chocolate button for the belly, and a bit of white and black fondant for the eyes, and marzipan for the noses and bobs your uncle, everyone thinks you're a bit too obsessed with penguins these days!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, those are too cute! And they sound yummy!

Bron said...

so cute! I'm ga ga over penguins too, all birds, although especially owls. Happy Holidays, I hope you make/made it to Melbourne! take care

Anonymous said...

Is there fondant or marzipan on the outside - the black coating? It's very black! Great job!!

Jennywenny said...

Its the oreos that make it the dark color.

DaveJ said...

Those are so cute! I want to make some for my son's 3rd grade class. Did you use fondant as well for the black pupils?

Jacque said...

Penguins are definitely in these days.

Yours are adorable, and perfect for a winter treat.

adozeneggs said...

Super cute, I'm working on a cookie collection of penguins in hats and scarves this week!

caninecologne said...

ooh! i love penguins! and oreos! i may end up attempting this soon!!!
just noticed that one of my friends (rayrena) posted here too! small world! :)