Thursday, June 23, 2011

Taking things a step further

I know you've all been watching my little blog for a while, seeing more and more cakes pop up and less and less recipes and food, and I'm finally ready to take my business to the next level.

I've been very lucky in that I've been using some commercial space for a while now, but I recently took a step and signed a lease on a rental kitchen which I'll be sharing with others in the Clairemont area of San Diego.

So now its time to take things to the next step.  I'll be hanging up my labcoat at the beginning of August, and maybe wearing a chef coat more often (more likely a t-shirt and jeans!).
I'll be taking a trip to Australia to spend time with my brother and his family, and apparently constructing a princess castle for my niece's 3rd birthday, then I'll return and start as many classes as I can get into at Grossmont College.  I'll hopefully get my culinary degree soon.  In my spare time I'll be building my business and selling my cakes.

So this is where I need help.  I'm moving things forward to the next step, so if anyone has ideas or suggestions on where they think Jennywennycakes should be going, then I'd love to hear them.  I've got a good network of friends who I've made cakes for and I'm hoping that the word of mouth aspect will continue and propel my business so that it gives me an income to support myself.  Wish me luck!!

My main goal is to continue to use the best ingredients to make delicious treats, I'm happy to use my favorite schaner farm eggs, and I'll hopefully be able to use lots of other local produce.

As I mentioned, I'll be unavailable from August 10th-22nd, but apart from that, please consider me for your next party, wedding or shower event!  'Like' my page on facebook to keep up with whats going on in the kitchen, I'll start updating the flavors I'm baking in the kitchen, so you can swing by and get a 6 pack of cupcakes if you let me know a couple of days ahead!

Oh, and I used that wacky random number generator at random.org to pick a number, and it came up with comment no 9, canine cologne!  Yay!  I'll be in touch to find out how to get you those guitars!!

4 comments:

kellypea said...

Congrats to you for taking this leap and following your interests! The best to you. That cake with the flag on it is amazing!

caninecologne said...

first of all, congratulations to you for making this next step in your career...that takes a lot of courage! looking forward to more cakes/cupcakes from you in the near future!

secondly: omg, wow! i'm stunned that i got chosen!!! i'll send you my info via email!

kirbie said...

Congratulations on your next step. I really admire you hanging up your lab coat and venturing into this business.
I'll definitely be spreading the word and will be buying more of your yummy cakes!

Jamie said...

Congratulations, may you have the sweetest success!