Friday, May 16, 2008

Anzac Biscuits, nom nom nom

I wanted to treat my bike team tomorrow as we're climbing mount palomar again. The fun catch is that we're starting in Solana Beach(110 miles and 10,000+ ft climb!). Ha ha ha!! See my other blog to see if we made it!

These anzac biscuits seemed the perfect choice. I wanted to make them anyway, but I was really happy to find a recipe in cooking light, as I didnt want them to be too fatty as that is really not good for a cyclist!!

They are really delicious! The golden syrup is a must, and they really remind me of 'hob nobs'. The coconut isnt too prevalent, which is good as I'm not really a fan.

Anzac Biscuits- The complete Cooking Light Cookbook
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup regular oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tablespoons water
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup (Important, but I wont kill you if you use honey)

Preheat oven to 325f
Combine flour, oats, sugar, coconut and baking soda
Melt the butter, mix in water and golden syrup.
Mix the two and roll balls of dough in your hands and flatten them onto a silpat/greased cookie sheet.
Cook for around 12 minutes. They harden on sitting, so leave them on a sheet for a while to harden, then cool on a rack.

No comments: