Monday, October 27, 2008

Mmm Pumpkin Fudge

I got invited to a pumpkin party and so I was looking for the perfect pumpkin recipe to make for it. I decided I felt like making a pumpkin fudge. Yet again, epicurious came to the rescue with a recipe. It came out great. I read some of the reviews and some were quite funny saying it was too sweet and that sort of thing (er dur, its fudge mate, I think you'd expect super sweet!).

Its a lovely orange color, very pretty and autumnal.

I mixed up the pumpkin puree, sugar, syrup and milk, then got it bubbling away. The mixture is brought up to a temperature of 258, then it is taken off the heat, butter and pumpkin pie spice added, and I had to wait an eternity for it to cool down to 140 so I could beat it. An addition of walnuts and vanilla, then I started at it with a wooden spoon. It was dumped into a square pan and allowed to cool and it was just perfect.

Please check on epicurious to see the recipe. My additions were an extra 1/2 cup of heavy cream as I'd used fat free milk, and a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.


Chocolate Candy Lover said...


I'm a real lover of chocolate fudge, but the truth must be told, I love almost any flavor of fudge. :-) Pumpkin pie is another favorite of mine, but I never thought of pumpkin fudge. I'm really interested in trying this recipe. I'm really supposed to be dieting, but I swear I'm tempted to go and give this a try tonight! I'll try to have a little self control and save it for a special occasion.

I'd like to invite you to visit my site and offer up any recipes or tips you have that seem appropriate. There's a special page dedicated to my visitor's favorites.

Hope to see you there sometime. Thanks again for sharing this delicious idea for pumpkin fudge.


Beth from Avenue Z said...

Ok, this is just not fair. That fudge looks amazing. Is it all gone? Can you give some to D.J.? :)

Sass E-mum said...

Pumpkin fudge?

Well that solves next year's pumpkin dilemma.

Thanks for that!