Sunday, April 5, 2009

Cake pops-they are way harder than they look!


Just a word of caution, bakerella is brilliant at what she does and these are way harder than they look. I'm really glad I tried them but I need a lot of practice!
The pops just didnt get covered very smoothly, and when I tried to dip them twice, they started to come off the sticks. Hopefully this will be easier if I try them again, its a great use of the little domes I get with my cakes!!
Swing by bakerella for more tips, and let me know if you have any ideas on how to get a good finish!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

They ARE way harder than they look. I made the hello kitty ones. And I've made other ones before, the cupcakes, plain balls, etc. The plain ones aren't so bad to make. It's hard to get them perfectly round though. And they are a lot of work and require a lot of time. Still fun though! Your chicks look cute!

Nic said...

Yeah, Bakerella makes them look dead easy, but yours are still super cute!