Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Double Chocolate Double Peanut Cookies

I keep meaning to mention some of the goodies I've been making for my farmers market fundraiser. These were my go-to cookie for a while a few years ago and I didnt have a reason to bake anything like this until recently and I remembered them.

Decadent and delicious, with a nice crunch of peanut and lovely creamy chocolate chips. I'm not a huge peanut butter fan, but I do like these, the chocolate cuts through the peanuts and balances things out.

I made a slight change to the recipe in that I used peanuts instead of peanut chips, which just seemed a bit gross, and I added white choc chips for more sweetness. They do break easily so I was glad I didnt flatten them out on the pan as they were small and sturdy like this.




Double Chocolate Double Peanut Cookies -Gourmet March 1994
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup chunky or creamy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup (6 ounces) roughly chopped peanuts
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

reheat oven to 350°F.

In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder. In another bowl with an electric mixer cream butter, peanut butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture and stir in chocolate chips and peanut-butter chips.

Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto buttered baking sheets and bake cookies in batches in middle of oven 10 minutes. Flatten slightly before baking. Cool cookies on racks.

Cookies keep in airtight containers 5 days, or freeze well.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

They sound delicious!

Megan said...

I bet with the peanut's crunch, these would be very good. Thanks for entering my contest. I put your name in the hat! Good luck!!!