Saturday, September 19, 2009

Brekkie in San Diego

I generally eat my breakfast at home, our Sunday routine involves slowly scrambled eggs from Schaener Farm, spinach and muffins/bagels and some bacon for my husband. If there are big tomatoes in my CSA I put them under the broiler on a low heat. I like to wake up slowly, have a good brekkie, but not overdo things.


Having visitors, I thought it would be fun to take them out for breakfast, and I wanted to share two outstanding breakfast spots.

I went down to Mission Beach with my beloved brother, and we decided to eat at Mission Cafe. I had the best french toast I have ever had in my life, crusty cinnamon toast with a souffle like soft eggy middle.


My brother enjoyed the Chilaques, which he decided were like breakfast nachos. It was great eating with my brother, we had so much trouble deciding that we ordered these and then swapped half way through, so it was like having two meals. Excellent! I'm trying to think of excuses to get back there asap!!


Another weekend we had a friend in town and we wandered up the hill from our house to Crest Cafe. It has such a cheery exterior, and is really cute inside, and also does a killer version of my favourite breakfast, eggs florentine. They also had a really solid regular breakfast (my husband always orders eggs, bacon, toast and potatoes with an extra side of bacon) and omelette.

Other places that I've heard are good are the City Deli, Hash House a go go and the Studio Diner. I've clearly got a lot more eating out to do!

No comments: