Friday, April 29, 2011

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for the royal wedding!

I managed to find these pictures on Flickr, thanks to Darlene. I just loved the chocolate cake, you just want to dive right in! Having tried this kind of cake, or snack or whatever you call it, I'd say that this would be totally yummy but you'd only need a tiny piece! Chopped up digestive biscuits with nuts and raisins, all held together with a magical mixture of chocolate, golden syrup and butter. Yum!

And one of these days I'll try and get into chef James Foran's chocolate class so I can master the art of chocolate!

I found the other wedding cake a little more over the top and its not really my style, all the fussy piping and jumble of flowers, but very well executed, and so grand for such a great occasion. I wouldnt say no to a piece of fruit cake, I hope this tradition comes back into fashion. Since it lasts for years, you can decorate it at your leisure once it is 'fed' with alcohol and enrobed in marzipan and rolled icing.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday, I'm trying not to be jealous of my friends across the pond who are embarking on their second four day weekend in a row!

More pics here:

2 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm admittedly a sucker too. Only because my mom prepped me at a young age by waking me up to watch a very significant wedding in 1981.

As for the fruit cake, it sounds like the cake that keeps on giving even years after.

caninecologne said...

i'm finally watching the coverage (dvr'd it) tonight! sunday night!

i remember watching charles and diana's wedding in 6th grade! i loved her humongous poofy sleeves and her 30 foot train!

Prince William and Kate's cakes look amazing!