Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Muhuruuuu er Walnut and Roasted Pepper Dip

Well, this was a real success! I was browsing the lovely Tigers and Strawberries and found a really delicious looking dip called Muhammara. I then saw the gigantic ingredients list and decided it would be more of an inspiration than an actual recipe. I threw a bunch of stuff in the food processor and in less than 5 minutes I had this delicious but healthy dip. Andy actually started eating it with a spoon and asked if I'd mind if he finished it! This is very uncommon with healthy stuff like this so I was happy! I think I'll go back and try the proper recipe as it was so wonderful its worth a try.

I took some of these and processed with garbanzo beans, breadcrumbs, eggs and leftover goat cheese to make delicious veggie burgers.

Walnut and Pepper Dip inspired by Tigers and Strawberries
1 jar roasted red and yellow peppers (or three freshly roasted peppers)
1 tomato
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup fat free yoghurt
3 tbsp harissa
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
salt and pepper to taste

Throw everything in the food processor and process until you have the desired consistency (some like more lumps than others!)

No comments: