Friday, January 23, 2009

Mexican Rice Salad

I had some leftover rice to use up, then I realised I had cilantro, peppers, lettuce from my CSA, and some sour cream and mozzarella that needed using up. Mixed up with some black beans this made a delicious and healthy lunchtime salad.

I feel bad for people in Europe and on the East Coast, as we sat in our t-shirts on the patio eating this and it was just glorious, but then we pay the price in sunshine tax!

Mexican Rice Salad
Serves 2 for a hearty meal, or 3 for a lighter meal
1 cup brown rice
1 tin black beans, rinsed
2 peppers, diced finely
1/2 cup finely diced cucumber
5 spring onions chopped finely
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 small avocado, diced
1 tbsp Penzeys Taco Seasoning
2 oz mozzarella or mild cheese, chopped finely
dollop of sour cream
handful of salad leaves

Combine all the chopped ingredients with the seasoning and serve on a bed of salad with a dollop of sour cream.




No comments: