Monday, January 19, 2009

Obamaberries, Yes we can!!



In honor of our new president I made some red velvet cupcakes with a little cream cheese frosting and topped them with horribly unseasonal blueberries from Chile.
As always, I used the red velvet cake recipe from Smitten Kitchen. I used the 'no taste' color and its a lot less vivid than the other stuff. I've grown to love that really vivid scarlet of the red velvet cakes, so it wasnt quite as bright as I'd like.

Lets hope this is the start of a new era. At least our president will be able to pronounce nuclear.

Also, please congratulate me for my American spelling, it made me gag, but since I've got my green card and I went through the US citizen line on the way back from Australia, I'd better try and act a bit like I'm going to be here a while. Certainly the first time an agent has said to me 'welcome back'!!!

1 comment:

Zoomie said...

Nuclear, and so much more! He can even make a whole sentence! I am elated!