Sunday, February 22, 2009

Crab cakes, hubby cooks!!

When my husband announced he had found a recipe he'd like to try I was so excited, he hates cooking and its really nice when he makes something for me!

We are big fans of sam the cooking guy, and he saw this recipe on the show and decided it was easy enough to try.

Its also really healthy and tasty, which is a bonus. Especially without the biscuits, although I'm sure they are delicious! I paired it with a wasabi coleslaw, which played off the spicy crab cakes perfectly.

Wasabi Coleslaw-serves around 4

These ingredients are just a guideline, you can just throw in a bunch of coleslaw mix. The dressing should be to taste, since some of us feel differently about wasabi!!

1/2 cabbage, shredded

1 red bell pepper, shredded

2 carrots, grated

4 scallions/spring onions chopped

1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds

1/4 cup low fat mayonnaise (hellmans is the only one I will use!)

1 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar

1 tsp wasabi

1 tsp brown sugar

Whisk together the mayo, rice vinegar, wasabi, sugar. Mix the veggies and the sesame seeds and add the dressing. Serve immediately. If you're having it later keep the coleslaw separate from the dressing and combine immediately before serving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Hellman's - everything else is inedible! The wasabi in this sounds great, too.