Monday, February 9, 2009

A perfect pair

These were some adorable little mini cupcakes I made for a baby shower this weekend. My new favorite thing ever is chocolate ganache as a topping for a cupcake, its just so delicious and it behaves just wonderfully. The addition of strawberry jam just really brings out the essence of the strawberries and stops them being too watery.

It started as the dark chocolate ganache obsession, then I was making strawberry cupcakes this weekend, and I knew that raspberry chocolate was delicious so I started wondering about trying a white chocolate ganache with strawberries. Oh my! What a way to celebrate valentines!


I'd like to submit this as a recipe for Mele Cote's 'Kitchen of Love'

See here for the recipes:





Strawberry White Chocolate Ganache - 12 cupcakes or 24 mini cupcakes with extra

8oz/ 1 cup whipping cream

4 oz white chocolate

3 oz strawberries, frozen or fresh

3 oz strawberry jam


Gently boil the strawberries and jam with a little water until soft. Pass through a sieve to remove seeds

Heat the cream until nearly boiling. Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add the strawberry mixture and cool for several hours.

Whip until thick and pipe onto cakes. I used a wilton 20 tip for the pretty roses I love so much. Or just eat with a spoon!


1 comment:

Chris said...

These are great! I love the tip you used for the White Ganache. I need to check to see if I have that one. Looks lovely! Thanks for participating in KOL!