Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pumpkin Muffins

I discovered that pumpkins go quite a long way. I tried joe's pumpkin ravioli, which I enjoyed, but found that wonton wrappers were a bit slimy compared to real pasta, although it was definitely a good alternative at 7pm on a Wednesday, otherwise we'd have been having dinner at midnight!!
Then I saved the seeds, rinsed and toasted them (gosh that was delicious!!).

I still had lots of pumpkin left, so I made these muffins from Baking Bites. I wasnt going to mention them, but they grew on me. I put them in the freezer and had one as an afternoon snack and it was very tasty. I also tried one with a smear of ricotta with a persimmon for breakfast which was lovely. I pretty much stuck to the recipe but instead of the sunflower seeds I added 1/3 cup walnuts and 1/3 cup choc chips. I used half white whole wheat flour and wheat germ instead of wheat bran.

Would you believe I still had some pumpkin left!!! I blended this with some coconut milk and made it into a delicious panang curry. Mmmm.

No comments: